Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Fish

If I believed in reincarnation, I would be fully convinced that Vada was a fish in her past life. If given the choice, that girl would live in the water. She spent the majority of her summer vacation this year swimming in Grandma's pool, and missed it terribly when she came back home. In our neck of the woods we don't have super fancy junior high swimming pools to visit. No high dives, water slides, or surfing simulations. Sure, we have Wild Island, a water park almost as fun as SunSplash, but it costs an arm and leg to get into. I don't know about you, but I'm partial to my limbs, and so are my children.

Level Two
All of that being said, Vada is thrilled to be taking swim lessons through the City of Sparks Recreation Program. Unsure of any basics she may have missed, I signed her up for Level Two group swim lessons. We went to her first class two weeks ago and, overall, she enjoyed herself, but she was a tad disappointed. She was the oldest child in her class and she already knew everything they had covered that day. I told her to see how her next class went. If it was still too easy I would call and see about getting her bumped up to Level Three.

Level Three
Kyle took Vada to her next class while I stayed home with Broden and cooked dinner. When they came home, Vada informed me that the instructor spoke to Kyle regarding her skill level. "And guess what?! I'm in Level Three now!"

She was pretty stoked, and so was I. That saved me a phone call.

No comments: