Monday, January 3, 2011

In All My Free Time

When I quit my job back in May of last year, I walked out of there on my last day thinking:

"Man! I am going to get so much scrapbooking done. And I'm going to learn how to knit and crochet! There is going to be so much craftiness going on in my house, Kyle will think he died and landed in Martha Stewart Hell as punishment for not getting snipped like his wife told him to."

Sadly, this is not the case.

I believe that I have scrapbooked less than a handful of times since being a full time mom/housemaid. Forget about my hopes of learning how to crochet.

However, I did bust out my brand new sewing machine for the first time. Can I get a WHAT WHAT?!

Oh wait! Don't tell my mom that though. She bought the machine as my Xmas present TWO YEARS AGO. She might be a tad annoyed that it is just now seeing the light of day.

And what project did I work on you ask? What a great question! A stocking for a friend.


Now, I've made approximately ten stockings in my lifetime before this one. And when compared to the others, this one looks like Megan Fox standing next to ten Mimi's from the Drew Carey Show. This judgement may be a little harsh, but do know that I plan on remaking our family stockings this year. And this time, I'm leaving the hellish burlap on the shelf.

I'm also toying with the idea of making some extra's as well. Maybe sell them, or perhaps give them away as gifts this year. What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I've never left a comment before even if I am your mom, but this is too much. WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU ARE JUST NOW OPENING THE BOX OF A PRESENT FROM TWO YEARS AGO?!?!?!?

Kids!!

At this point I just want to know if you played with the box longer than it took you to finish your first project!

I think to redeem yourself you should make me a few of these cutieful stockings at half price.

Love you!

Alex said...

Dear Mother,

I am sincerely sorry for any disappointment I have caused you.

If it comforts you in the slightest, I turned the box into a swan and then was done with it. Only took me a couple hours. About the same amount of time as it took me to make the stocking.

Due to any unwanted angst I may have caused, I will be making your stocking for free. All other family member stockings will be full price.

Your Daughter Forever Whether You Like It Or Not,

Alex