Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cheek Kisses


For the past month or so now I have been struck with a nightly sore throat. I can go all day feeling peachy, but then 5 o'clock hits and something in my throat says, "Alright fellas, you ready to do what the devil paid us to do? GO!"

It starts out as a "faint discomfort" and then escalates into "quite obvious discomfort", from the top of my throat all the way into my ears. Last night was the worst. I don't know if it's because I haven't been able to sleep all that well at night, but last night my back and neck were stiffer than...um...teehee...a lot of things. I also had that feeling that they both needed to be desperately popped, but I just couldn't do it. Kyle assisted in the popping of my back (he's a chiropractor on the side), but even after 50 cracks went up my spine I STILL felt like it needed to pop. And that, folks, is typically how I know I'm getting sick. Pthh!

What this is all leading up to, other than assisting your brain to click over into sleep mode, is Broden's goodnight kiss. Since I felt like poop, and didn't want to give Broden a goodnight kiss on the lips, I told him, "Give mommy a kiss on the cheek." He opened his mouth wide (his way of puckering up -- a dentist would be proud) and leaned forward to give me kisses. When I turned my face so he could kiss my cheek, he stopped and looked at me funny. He tried once more to land his kissy mouth on my lips, but I turned my head again. I tapped my cheek with my finger and said, "No buddy, right here."

That's when it clicked. So, he leaned forward and touched his cheek to my cheek. We thought it was the funniest thing. Then Kyle asked for kisses on the cheek too. Same thing. Cheek to cheek. It still makes me giggle.

I think I'm going to brainwash him into thinking that cheek-to-cheek is how everybody kisses. That should save me a lot of trouble...until junior high.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Awwwww....that is adorable! :)