Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Pumpkin Made a Pie

With today being Thanksgiving Eve, that means a few things:

1. Tomorrow morning I get to sort through Black Friday Ads galore (this will only be my second year pulling the Crazy-Gal-Who-Wakes-Up-At-3-In-The-Morning-Just-To-Save-Some-Moolah routine).
2. I get to find a spot for all of the Thanksgiving art that Vada was sent home with today.
3. PIE MAKING

This will also be my second year responsible for bringing a pumpkin pie to Thanksgiving Dinner.

Now, never mind the fact that when I was asked last year if I just buy the pie from the store my reply was, "No! I make mine from scratch." In which the gentleman replied, "Oh, how many pumpkins do you end up using?" I sat there dumbfounded for a second and said, "Oh no, I mean out-of-the-can from scratch." That's right, the only way I have ever seen pumpkin pie made is from Libby's Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix. Just add eggs and milk.


This year, I decided to step it up a notch. No, I didn't gut any pumpkins. Maybe next year. This year I bought two cans of Farmers Market Organic Pumpkin Pie Mix. That's right, you have to add the spices YOURSELF.


When I asked Vada if she wanted to help me, she took over the show. I helped her with the measurements, stirring the first batch, and the whole oven part, but everything else she did all by herself. And as far as I can tell, they turned out great. We'll find out for sure when we take a bite out of them tomorrow.

One of the cutest pictures IN THE WORLD

No comments: