Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Two For One


First, I want to say how much I love being a stay-at-home mom. If I were still working, I would have missed out on cute things such as the following two blurbs.

Blurb #1:

Yesterday, after Broden's morning nap, we took a little trip to Costco and the library. While I was getting ready, Broden had been playing with my phone. When it came time to leave, he still had my phone cradled in his little hands. So, since I don't get many phone calls, I just let him play with it while I drove. About half way to the store, my phones let's out it's I-have-a-text-message-for-you-to-read chime. I wasn't too worried about reading it right away, seeing that we would be to Costco in just a few minutes, but then something caught my eye in the rear view mirror. Broden, whose car seat still faces backwards, was holding my phone up for me to grab. I grabbed it, read the message, and called Kyle to tell him how cute it was.  As soon as I hung up with Kyle, Broden's little hand goes up again, as if to say, "Okay, you're done. Give it back."

Blurb #2:

I would like to begin this blurb by stating that Broden has recently began a sort of fascination with throwing things in the garbage. So, this morning, at a time of which I wish I was still sleeping, I was wrapping up Broden's urine-filled diaper. He grabbed onto it as fast as he possibly could. He wiggled off of the bed and went marching into the bathroom. I watched him throw the diaper into the garbage can and then went back to bed, thinking he would be following right behind me. When he didn't come poking his head around the corner, I began calling his name a couple times. Kyle says, "Wouldn't it be funny if he was peeing in there right now?" I smiled and said yes, then stood up to go check on him. When I walked into the bathroom, there was Broden. Standing there with both hands flat on the lid to the toilet peeing on the ground. As his pee was gathering at the base of the toilet I'm thinking: and thus begins my never ending chore of wiping his pee up from off the floor.

No comments: