Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rain, Rain, Please Don't Go Away

It has been heaven here for the past three days. Well, at least when it comes to the weather. Dealing with teenage boys is another story.

There has been a blanket of dark grey clouds hovering over us, bringing with them rain, thunder, and lightening. It's absolutely amazing. As we speak (or would it be as I type?), I am listening to the gentle pitter-patter of rain drops hit the back patio and wearing my knee-high socks and a comfy, cozy sweatshirt. Yes, I am wearing more than that, but those are the only two things that I am wearing that are due to the brisk weather.

I may be super lame for saying this, but it's almost magical. Okay, I AM lame for saying that. BUT IT'S TRUE!

This weather may make some people sleepy, or even depressed, but not me. For me, it puts a sort of calm inside me that isn't possible in any other way. It's prefect book reading weather, which is exactly what I want to be doing right now, but that's going to have to wait till I wash our bed sheets, fold Broden's clothes, put away the dishes, put Vada's suitcase back in the attic, wrap some birthday gifts, and whatever else comes to my mind that needs to get done around here.

This morning Vada and I rode our bikes to her school (Broden was kickin' it in his trailer) and it was such a beautiful ride. My face was frozen and I could barely feel my fingers by the time Broden and I made it back home, but beautiful none-the-less.

Vada was tickled to use her bike lock for the very first time. The look on her face said that she felt grown-up, and fully capable of beheading Medusa, or any other enemies that dare to cross her path. It is that same look and attitude that sometimes tricks me into thinking that she is older than she really is.




No comments: