Monday, June 7, 2010

WARNING: This post contains a little bit of everything



First, I just want you to know: you are looking at a Grand Slam hitter. That's right, Grand Slam baby! He will be signing head shots next weekend, so if you would like a signed copy then just shoot me an email with your address and I'll send one to you...free of charge.

Kody came home one night last week (I know what you are thinking: and she's just NOW telling us about this?! - yes, I've been a little busy.) and told Kyle and I that he needed to talk to us and for us to meet him in the living room. Of course I say, "You didn't get someone pregnant did you?!" Thank goodness the answer was "NO". Not that I would judge, I just know how hard it can be to travel in those shoes. After all, I've worn them. ANYWAY, we sit down and he's trying very hard to keep a straight face (FYI: Kyle and Kody are horrible actors). Then a smile from ear to ear violates his face and he tells us that he hit a Grand Slam tonight during one of his summer baseball games. Very exciting. Very very exciting. Both Kyle and I felt like complete butts for not being there, but there is so much going on in our schedules right now that we just cant be at everything.

Kyle had to miss Vada's game on Saturday due to yard work. I didn't think she would mind all that much, but after the game she asked why he wasn't there. You could sense the disappointment in her voice, but it didn't linger long. And speaking of the game,  I don't think she was feeling at one with the bat, but she still played as hard as she could for just coming from a bowling birthday party. During one play she was running from first to second and one of the players on the opposite team tried to tag her. Um, the ball, his mitt, his NOTHING touched her. His foot never even touched the bag while the ball was in his glove! But the idiot of a coach (for the opposite team) called it as an out. Okay, so the kids are playing for fun at this age and there is no keeping score, but you better make sure that the kids know how the game is really played! IDIOT! And I know what you're thinking, but it wasn't not just me. I actually didn't even make the first comment about it. Vada was rather irritated. You could tell she wanted to give that coach a piece of her mind, but by the time the game ended she was over it. Oh, and to top it off, she was smacked with the ball when at bat. I'm pretty sure she's not going to pick baseball as her extra curricular activity again.


This is an example as to why teachers should email parents regarding important events such as, well, um, SCHOOL PICTURES! I never received a single flyer announcing that pictures were coming up. So, of course, the day I tell Vada that it is the LAST time she can where her glow-in-the-dark skeleton shirt before giving it to Goodwill, and the day that some kid decides to throw a rock without checking to make sure someones head isn't in the way, is the day of school pictures. I swear, if there is such thing as karma, here it is. Is it a surprise that we denied the purchase of these pictures?


So, what this outfit is telling me is that his college savings that we've been adding towards has been in vain? Sweet! Now we can afford that entertainment center we've been eyeballing. Woohoo!

Broden has been miserable the past few days. He has his brief moments of giggles and fun times, but they don't last very long. Little man is cutting at least two teeth at once...possibly three. He's running a low grade fever and produces enough snot in a single day to create a nice thick, even layer of snot jelly for my toast the next morning. We've been keeping him doped up on Children's Tylenol, teething tablets, and Vick's VapoRub. If he's not better within the next couple days, or gets worse, then we'll be off to the doc.


And for your viewing pleasure, here are the pavers that we have decided on...until we change our minds. We will either be using solely the large ones OR...


a combo of all three, like the picture above (courtesy of Home Depot's display).

We will be submitting our desired house color to the HOA this week. Since it is a deep red, we thought grey pavers would be best. Red pavers would be a little overkill. If they don't approve, our second choice would look nice with red or grey. Convenient.

Kyle, Kody and a few friends busted their humps on Saturday working on our backyard. I was pretty surprised that Kyle even woke up for church the next morning. Surprised and a little disappointed. I spent another day pulling weeds while a friend babysat Broden, and Vada was in school. Four bags total. I made a dent this time, but nothing to where you could look in the backyard and say, "Holy crap, you worked your hiney off!"I did get a gnarly sunburn on my back to display my commitment to weed hatred. It's turning into a tan...only slightly peeling where my bra straps are constantly torturing me as pay back for not hand washing them.

And the Broden Monster is awake. That's my cue to get off the computer or else he will make my life hell for not holding him and allowing him pound at the keys like he's playing Whack-a-Mole.

1 comment:

The Prettiest Mess You've Ever Seen said...

HA HA HA HA HA...

HA HA HA HA HA!
The picture of Vada totally made my day! She is so cute! I just love how kids love to wear the ugliest clothes but they think they are the COOLEST!

Good job on the weeds.