Friday, April 9, 2010

Backyard - Before the Beginning of Changes

This spring…well, when it actually decides that it WANTS to be spring…the main project on the McClan’s To-Do List is to get the back yard in order. Funds will be limited so we need to work on a priority list for the task at hand. I foresee several instances where Kyle will say he wants to do “this” or “that” and I will quickly tell him that will not work. He will ask why and I will give him the facts as to why, OR I will simply utter the following phrase: "because it’s tacky."

People, there is something that you should know about me: I. Am. Picky. Yes, so picky in fact that each word deserves its own sentence. This, along with the fact that we are both stubborn and, for the majority of the time, are polar opposites in our likes and dislikes, can make accomplishing things a tad difficult and often times amusing for others.

Things we agree on regarding the backyard:
  • Concrete slab for the dog kennel (which needs to be shortened)
  • Concrete walkway on the side of the house that leads to the gate
  • Stain or re-paint existing deck (until we can afford to disassemble it and lay pavers)
  • Remove all retaining wall bricks that somewhat edge our yard (not a fan of the color or shape)
  • Lay fresh sod
Kyle had mentioned wanting to remove a few trees and plant new ones, but I think this would be a bad idea due to the fact that trees add value to a home, and it takes AGES for a tree to grow and actually start looking like a tree. And I don’t want to willingly agree to care for yet another pubescent creature at the moment. I have my fair share already.

Although, these beauties might be worth it:


As a result of my google search, I believe they are called Okame Cherry Trees. Stunning, don’t you think?

No comments: