Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ask me this...

I borrowed this little quiz from Rachel over at Smile and Wave. I typically roll my eyes at these things, but today is a little rough for me, seeing that I was able to take yesterday off to spend with Vada while she is on her Spring Break...and I wish I had everyday off with my kids. That's right...ONE SINGLE day right in the middle of the week...when she has FIVE FULL DAYS off. Would anyone like to complain about this? Speak now or forever HOLD YOUR MOUTH SHUT. Anyways....here we go:

1. When do you feel happiest?
This is a no brainer: When I'm not at work.
As some of you may know, my anxiety starts to build as Saturday comes to an end. When I'm trying to get a peaceful nights sleep before Sunday...my "Pretend Day Off".
You're asking yourself, "Pretend day off?"
Yes, because Sunday's consists of about 2 1/2 hours of morning church services, followed by a brief break until a 1 1/2 hour evening church service at 5pm. And keep in mind that sometimes services last longer than the allotted time.
And for you hardcore church goers out there: is it just me, or do those few hours always feel as if they are just one?
So, a peaceful Saturday nights sleep is kissed goodbye, Sunday being considered a day off is a joke, and the cherry on top: five 8-hour days spent away from my kids working at a job that I have no interest in what-so-ever. Just so I can have affordable insurance for my family. God Bless America.

2. How do you take care of yourself?
Counseling sessions with Dr. Mary Jane. I wish. Haven't seen her in ages.
I try my best to exercise every day. They (not really sure who "they" are exactly) say you should dedicate an hour a day to exercise. Come on, it's only an hour! Haha. Oh boy. Okay They, come put on my shoes for a a couple weeks and tell me how that works out for you. Heck, a couple days may do it. Realistically, I exercise about once a week...for about 15 minutes...while completing wifely and motherly duties between stretches.
I eat as healthy as I know how too, and am willing too. Chili with sweet cornbread is healthy right? With lots of cheese and a dollop of sour cream? That's calcium right? Build's strong bones? And cornbread, that's a vegetable in bread form right? Ya...right.
I take a women's multi-vitamin and an odorless garlic pill every day.
I drink an Instant Breakfast every morning on my way to work and have a Balance Bar as a mid morning snack.
I eat a small portion of leftovers for lunch, and skip or minimize my bread intake at dinner. (O-M-G YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HARD THAT IS FOR ME!!!) And dinner is somewhat healthy, but I've been advised that "healthy" is like torturing the rest of my family...and I'm not making separate meals. I barely have time to make one if we want to eat by 7.
I try with little success not to be easily stressed out. And NO, yoga does not work for me. I've tried it twice. Thanks for your advice though.

3. Are you internally (by yourself) or externally (by others) motivated?
I'm internexternally motivated.
Church: that's mostly external...husband being HIGHLY suggestive and dishing out guilt trips is external right?
"Diet" & exercise: that's about half and half...those super models in the magazines count as external.
Arts & Crafts: internal, with external inspiration.
Being the best mom I can manage to be: internal.
Being a decent wife: a good mix of both.
Work: external

4. What do you do for fun?
Haha, is this a joke? No? Okay, well, when time is giving and allows me to have fun, I like to scrapbook my little heart out, if you didn't already know. And day dream. Man, I love to daydream...and I love to day dream about how to make my day dream come to life. That's not retarded at all.

5. What intimidates you?
People with cooler phones than mine. Oh wait...I think that's my husband's answer.
People who create art in ways I never would have thought of. Makes me feel as if my brain doesn't function properly.
Kangaroos and their ability to carry around their little babies in their built in pouch. I hate Baby Bjorns, but this is for a later discussion.

6. What is something you're proud of?
I am insanely proud of how humble I am. I am SO humble! I'm probably the most humble person you will ever know...spread the word!

7. Finish this sentence. I never _____________.
...like it when people leave cabinet doors open. I swear, my family does it to me on purpose. I can see it if you're putting away the dishes. But if you are done getting stuff out or putting stuff in SHUT THE DOOR!!!! Don't make me whip out my obscenities!

8. Favorite vacation spot.
I've been to places in DC, Arkansas, California, Arizona and now the glamorously wonderful Nevada (yes, that IS sarcasm), and out of all of these places I would choose Disneyland. We went there so often when I was a wee one. It just holds that special place in my heart. (tear).

9. Today is a (rate from 1 - 10).
Ugh. I don't even want to think about it.

10. Finish this sentence. If you knew me really well you'd know _____________.
Um...that I pee my pants every time I laugh too hard, sneeze, do jumping jacks, or anything along those lines. Thank you Broden. Love you too.

And just a little favor...if you know my husband personally, please don't bring up the whole church thing and my feelings towards it. I think it embarrasses him. Thanks!

No comments: