Thursday, December 31, 2009

There is a lot

so please brace yourself for a lengthy one.

Xmas went by so fast this year. So fast in fact that I never really was able to get into that true xmas spirit like I usually do. Everyone is telling me that’s because I had a new little one this year, and maybe that’s part of it, but I don’t think that’s the main reason. Things were just so hectic all around. Yes, I am now a working mother of two, which makes things a bit tough. After cooking dinner and feeding my family, I have a total of about 3-4 hours each night to get everything done that’s on my to do list (wash dishes, do a load of laundry, sweep up the pine needles, wipe down the table and counters, etc). Notice that the list doesn’t include anything that’s solely for my liking, such as read a chapter in my book, scrapbook, blog, etc. I did get to finally sit down and watch Quentin Tarantino’s Inglorious Basterds…on the 3rd try. And to prove how much we slacked off this xmas, here is a list of xmas related projects and when they were completed:

· Buy a xmas tree – Black Friday
(okay, this is the one “project” that was done in a timely manner)
· Hang xmas lights on house – two weeks before xmas
· Put lights on tree – 3 days after getting tree
· Hang ornaments – 5 days after getting tree
· Buy wreath – one week before xmas
· Finish present shopping – xmas eve
· Bake xmas treats – never did
· Mail out holiday cards – week and a half before xmas
· Print out additional pictures for xmas cards – never happened, only family received wallet sized photos which came as part of our studio package
· Watch a xmas movie xmas eve – most of us fell asleep within the first 20 minutes
· Brunch on xmas day – didn’t start eating till nearly 2pm
· Making our stockings – xmas eve

Horrible! I know!
And get this, I was changing Broden’s dirty diaper one night, he literally had poop exploding out the sides, and some got on our bed sheets. Maybe the size of a quarter. After wiping up as much as I could with a wet wipe, guess how long it took me to finally get around to washing our sheets. Just guess. 4 DAYS! Sick? Tell me about it! I was just so busy doing everything else that for 4 nights I just put my pillow over it and went to bed. Come on, it’s just poop. Poop from my incredibly handsome baby boy. And I’m the one who has to lay on it. I mean, if it were to be on Broden’s or Vada’s bed sheets, I definitely would have washed them that very second.

Thank goodness I took xmas eve as unpaid leave. If not, we wouldn’t have had any xmas stockings. If I wouldn’t have taken the day off, I probably never would have been able to go to bed on xmas eve. I was already up till 2:30am finishing up everything for xmas day, even with Kyle’s help. And if I do say so myself, they didn’t turn out half bad. Well, mine did, but at least everyone else’s looks pretty spiffy.

And in birth news: our puppy was born on December 11th! He and his 11 other siblings are plum adorable. That’s right, Dandy, an amazing yellow lab, had her first litter of 12 black and chocolate labs. 12! First litter! What a trooper. We’ll get to bring home the little guy in March. I can’t wait. I have been successfully fighting the urge to buy him everything under the sun that they make for puppies.

Vada will be starting the Junior Ski Program at Mt. Rose next weekend. She’s pretty excited. Let’s hope she takes more of a liking to it than I did. I would always get my skis crossed. Pissed me off. The few times my family went skiing when I was younger, I spent a good majority of the day sitting in the lodge reading a book and choking down disgusting hot chocolate made with water. People who enjoy water hot chocolate must seriously be lacking in healthy taste buds. Anyway, as I was saying, the crossing of the skis would result in me biffing it about 4 times before I even made it half way down the slope, then scooting down on my butt the rest of the way down, freaking out that one of those cocky idiots trying to show off for the girls was going to run over and break all of my fingers. And I was already irritated before I even reached the top of the slope because you have to be Speedy Gonzales getting off the lift, but of course I am NOT Speedy Gonzales, so I would end up laying on my belly with my skis breaking my ankles and praying that the people in the next lift seat were better at getting off than I was, or else I was going to be flattened like a pancake. Someone once told me that I would probably have better luck trying out snow boarding, but I’m pretty sure that I’ll stick with scrapbooking. Seriously, you should see the size of my flexor pollicis longus. It’ll blow your mind.

And that my friend is the conclusion of this post. I hope you had fun while it lasted, and check back soon to see what my resolutions are for the year of 2010. Even if it’s for no other reason than to laugh at my silly imagination for ever thinking I would get so much accomplished in an entire year. I mean, I can barely get simple xmas tasks done in the 2 months that I have to do them. Here is a picture for you to enjoy until next time. J Bell is amazing. You should be jealous by his artistic talents and the fact that I have a piece of his art in my home. Pthhh!

No comments: