Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Day Has Come

He's here! He's finally here! Broden has made his grand entrance into this world, and he couldn't be more perfect.


August 17, we officially met our Broden Jakob Sebastian, 9 lbs 8 oz. 21 inches long. Ya, that's what I'm still saying: Ouch! But he was totally worth it all.


Vada chose not to be in the room, which was probably for the best. She instead chose to go home with our wonderful friend Sarah and have a fun little sleep over with her son Noah. Sarah brought her by the next morning. Big sister can't get enough of him either.

The nurses came in to perform a hearing test, something they do for all infants. Vada had to give him up so we could put him in the bassinet. As the nurses were doing their thing, Vada came up to me and said, as if we had talked about it before: mom, I don't want to give him up for adoption. I couldn't help but smile. I knew she had been worrying about the whole baby-taking-all-the-attention thing, but I had no idea she was thinking of putting him up for adoption! Well, at least we know now that it's out of the question. I'm so relieved.

We get to go home this afternoon. Yay! We get to spend time with Vada and I get to sleep in my own bed. Hallelujah! Now, I have to go and spend some quality time staring at my beautiful sleeping boy. I love it.

3 comments:

Calamity Jane said...

holy cheese and crackers what a lovely boy!! I am so thrilled for all three of oyu to have sucha lovely addition to the family!! oh I'm going to do the pregnant woman thing and start cryng!!

Katarina said...

He is precious Alex!!

I couldnt be happier for your little family! He was big though! Ouch is right i bet!

miss you doll

Laci and Dan said...

Yay! Woohoo! Good job mommy!!! What a trooper you are! Broden is very beautiful!! Tell your hubby congrats for us!