Monday, March 2, 2009

The weekend

Alright, sorry folks. I don't think I'll ever promise to post on the weekend again. They just get so crazy.



Vada's Famous Americans Presentation was adorable! I wish I could post a video of the whole thing. Vada did awesome! She remembered all of her lines, with help starting out only one. Afterwards, we all dug in to some pie and ice cream (my fave!). The parents stood around chatting while the kids started a huge game of tag. Vada was pooped. As soon as we got home she went straight to bed. She was asleep faster than I could say good night.

Saturday: we had a birthday party in Gardnerville in which Kyle just about killed us by nearly crashing into the center wall on the way home. We like to keep things exciting. After painting a little something-something at Playful Potter we headed on over to the Kids Club event. Little did I know that it was a formal dinner, so Vada had sweats on while I was sporting jeans, both of us with our slip-on vans on. Good thing the restaurant itself wasn't formal. We bailed early and went to go shopping with Jes and the kids, but I didn't get much, nothing at all actually, because I soon realized that I had left my wallet at home. Arg! Probably a good thing though because I probably would've spent a good $75.

Sunday was a typical Sunday. After both church services taking up a good portion of the day, we weren't left with enough time to much of anything exciting. Blah. I wish we only had one service a day that started around 2, ending at 4 or sooner.


Oh, and I totally forgot to mention on Thursday that I had 5 vials of blood drawn that afternoon. I thought I was going to pass out. The lady kept asking me if I was okay. Um, well, you just tried to poke my vein 3 different times before you actually got it and you're draining all of the blood my right arm could possibly hold, how do you think I'm doing?! I guess I was pretty pale, so she made me wait there for a few minutes after she was done before I could leave. On my way out to my car I thought I was going to lose my lunch, but I overcame the urge. And since I did so wonderful, I treated myself to an iced tea from Starbucks (not the same without the sweet-n-low). And here's to many more needle confrontations for the next 6 months!

I hope you all had a splendid weekend!

2 comments:

Dad said...

Good for you on the 'blood draws'. Many people don't know that you endured dozens of 'blood draws' when you were sick at the age of six. Very traumatic experience for such a young person; it ruined any future relationship that you would have with needles from that point.

Lauren said...

As far as the blood draws go...make sure to drink up the day beforehand, when you're hydrated your veins plump up, making them easier to find. Keep deep breathing while they do it, too, it keeps the valves in your veins open, making it easier and quicker to get in and get your blood. :) And most importantly...don't move! I've missed some beautiful veins because people yank their arm back. Good job! :)