Monday, March 16, 2009

Student of the Week

Vada could not be more excited. Her name was drawn Friday afternoon for her to be student of the week this week. Seeing that she is just like me, she was running out of patience waiting for her name to be drawn. Friday after Friday she would come home disappointed that her name hadn't been chosen. But not this Friday! We spent Saturday morning working on her poster before we headed out to Uncle Kody's baseball game (in which he slaughtered them) and the movies (Race to Witch Mtn - cute movie). She decorated the edge of her poster with stickers of zoo animals, fish, Nightmare Before Christmas, etc. Her poster reads:

I am 6 years old.
My favorite color is red.
My favorite animal is a horse.
My favorite food is Pumpkin Pie.
Seaworld is my favorite place.
When I grow up I want to be a preacher.
My favorite thing to do is watch movies.
If I had one wish, I would wish for a cat.

So, for the rest of the week she gets to be first in line to everything, sit by the teacher at lunch, take one new thing to share each day, etc. Who wouldn't love that special attention?


On the way to school last Friday she was singing her heart out to the Juno soundtrack in the backseat. I have to put this CD in every time she gets in the car. It's so cute to hear her sing along to The Kinks and Kimya Dawson. I need to record it.
We picked up the antique dresser that Kyle's aunt gave us this Sunday. SO AMAZING! The top drawer is a little hard to pull out, but she said that if you rub a little bar soap along the wood tracks then it slides out much better. I can't believe she just gave it to us. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Once we get the mirror reattached I will post some pictures. Eek!
15 more days till we find out if the baby is a boy or girl. Vada has school pictures that day, so I'm hoping that those are scheduled for later in the afternoon so her coming to the appointment wont mean that she wont be able to be in her class photo. ???

2 comments:

Dad said...

Vada is just awesome! I hope she has a fantastic week as the premier student of the class! I can't wait to spend Spring break with her! I'm proud to be her Tata (grampa)!

GRANDMOM TOBY said...

NICE WAY TO GO VADA. GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR. HAVE A GOOD WEEK AS STUDENT OF THE WEEK. GRANDMOM TOBY