Tuesday, February 17, 2009

February Update

Vada's Birthday Cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes

Alright, so I really need to get better at this. I'm such a slacker.
Last week was the week from Hell, and I'm really hoping that this week looks up. Regardless of the fact that I managed to catch a cold over the weekend, I am determined to make this week better. And I am starting with a little February update.
Since my last post, Vada had her 6th birthday party...and I must say it was somewhat successful. Though it will be nice to have her parties at the house once we buy one. Places like the Coconut Bowl get so frustrating to try to have a conversation in. You're constantly yelling at one another, and you still have a heck of a time trying to make out what the other person said. Vada made out like a bandit though and had SO much fun hanging out with her friends. We have definately been putting her "Money Management" envelopes to good use thanks to the grandparents.





Daddy and Tata reading Vada her birthday cards.

The other rugrat, the one "cooking in the oven", is active and well. Can't feel it yet, but was able to witness the kidney bean, who actually no longer resembles a kidney bean, in action at my ultrasound last week. We get to find out on March 31st if it's a boy or a girl. Eek! My patience is wearing thin.

My goal this week is to take pictures of my latest scrapbook creations. That's been my goal for the past few months, but maybe this week will be THE week. ??? I also need to sell a few things on Craig's List, so I need to snap some photos of those as well. Busy, busy, busy.

My good friend Jeslyn let us buy her old crib from her for the baby-on-the-way. I plan on sanding it down and painting it black. I'll be sure to post before and after pictures of that once it's complete. My mind is full of excitement when it comes to decorating plans for the baby/Vada's room (that's right, Vada wants to share a room - which I'm thinking will be a good experience for a little while). I think I'm going to go Etsy crazy!

A similar blanket as to the one I would like to make for the baby.

No comments: